Thursday, October 17, 2013

My First Time...

I mean my first time to get a CLOSE shave with an old fashion straight razor, you know the kind in the GODFATHER movie. Suzanne and I were walking in town and she said "Oh, Look a Barber Shop, don't you need a haircut."  Well, DUH, of course, but the eye catcher was the straight razor on his counter and the price of 30 pesos $2.00 & change for a shave. I'M SOLD. The nicest young guy, maybe 30 at the most gave me a wonderful haircut, and to top it off, I got my first straight razor shave... Smooth as a baby's ..s  80 pesos all together shave and all, less than $7.00 US.

Then, off we went to Francisco's micro-taqueria and had a wonderful lunch, and great conversation with Francisco, who would like to learn more English, Suzanne did study English  Lit in college and we both have had some Spanish here and there, so he would like to give us Spanish lessons in trade for English lessons for him and his sisters. Maybe we will get this in the works, he is a very nice guy. What a great day in the village!





 







No comments:

Post a Comment